What to do before I leave Germany?
The months and weeks leading up to your departure are sure to be both exciting and busy. Besides writing exams or handing in projects there are several issues that need to be taken care of. To help you with these matters, we have compiled a printable PDF checklist.
The International Office will send you an email with relevant links before your departure.
- Contact your departmental office regarding your transcript of records (document that lists all the classes/projects you have taken at h_da and your grades)
- If you want to transfer credits of the German language class(es) (either intensive, extensive, or both), please contact the language center office (building A12, room 404). There you will receive a certificate with your grades
- If you are living in a room at Studentenwerk Darmstadt you will receive an email approx. one month before your expected departure. In this email you will be given two appointments, one for a preliminary check of your room (so you still have time to do some repair work, if necessary) and one on the day of your departure. Important: Should you want to move-out earlier than the end of February resp. August, please contact the onsite service one month before your departure.
- De-registration at the Residents’ Registration Office
- De-registration at h_da and for Non-European students de-registration at the German health insurance provider
- Closing of German bank account
- The deposit of your room will be transferred to your national banking institution approx. 3 months after the end of your tenancy agreement (remember to provide the onsite service with your national bank account details)
- After you have handed in the Pre-Departure to do list at the International Office we will issue a letter of departure or sign an equivalent document provided by your home institution