h_da enables students from all departments to study one or two semesters tuition free at partners overseas. In addition to semesters abroad, it is often possible at partner universities to participate in summer or winter schools (short stays) or to complete internships/theses. Students who spend time abroad during their studies acquire not only professional skills but also key qualifications that improve their chances on the job market. In addition to intercultural and foreign language skills, it is possible to gain experiences that increase resilience, organizational skills, flexibility and tolerance. You should find out about funding opportunities in good time, as well as about organizational matters such as the learning agreement or insurance.
If you go to one of our partner universities, you will have the following advantages:
- Study abroad for up to 2 semesters
- Exemption from tuition fees (does not apply to "Study Abroad Partners")
- Support for academic and organizational preparation
- Academic recognition of academic achievements abroad after consultation with the department
- Application for financial support possible
- You are enrolled at h_da
- You are at least in the 3rd semester (Bachelor) or 1st semester (Master)
- Participation in an information event and/or consultation at the International Office perceived
- Sufficient language skills in the language of instruction
- Nomination by the responsible international coordinator of the department
- Compliance with our internal application deadlines
Internal application deadlines for overseas partner universities
For partner universities overseas (except USA):
- Winter semester: 31.01.
- Summer semester: 15.07.
„Hessische Landesprogramme“ USA:
- Winter semester: 20.11. (Start of studies in the following August/September)
“Hessische Landesprogramme” USA/Australia:
Detailed information about the “Hessische Landesprogramme” can be found here.
Attention: For the application for exchange programs with the USA, a DAAD language certificate on B2 level is already required for the internal application deadline (partner universities and “Hessische Landesprogramme”). You can take the language certificate free of charge at the h_da Language Center. For the “Hessische Landesprogramme”, a TOEFL or IELTS certificate must be submitted by the end of January if the application is successful. The costs are about 220 EUR.
Notes for all partner universities:You can also inquire about remaining places after the respective deadlines. However, after the deadline it is possible that there are no places left and/or the application deadlines at the partner universities have already expired.
Application procedure and formalities
- You inform yourself on the internet and during office hours about the possibilities of studying abroad and coordinate your choice with the international coordinator of your department.
- You register on MoveON, fill out the overseas form, print the form and have it signed by the study abroad officer (nomination). You email the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the internal application deadline for the respective semester, you will receive all necessary information for the application process at the partner university from the International Office within 4-6 weeks and apply there on time. If there are limited places for a partner university and you should not get a place, you will be informed and can change your mind.
- Before starting your studies at the partner university, send the h_da International Office the Acceptance Letter of the partner university.
- After the end of your studies, you submit an experience report by email within 8 weeks.
Application documents for the h_da
- Online application form incl. nomination by the international coordinator
- for the USA: DAAD language certificate (at least B2 level)
Application documents for the partner university
- As soon as you have an internal place confirmation, you will receive all the necessary information for the separate application at the partner university by email from the International Office.
Please find our office hours on our homepage.
On our interactive worldmap you will find all partner universities of h_da.
Register prior to your semester abroad using the online portal MoveON.
Handout Professors' Report
Here you can find the handout for the professors report.
Before your stay abroad, you should conclude a Learning Agreement with the department. In this way, you can ensure that the work you have done will be recognized.
Submit an experience report to us after your stay abroad.
FACEBOOK HOUSING GROUP
If you are planning to sublet your room or apartment for the duration of your absence and/or are already looking for a room in your destination country from afar, it is worth taking a look at our Facebook group h_da housing exchange.