Study Abroad Programmes

The h_da maintains so-called "Study Abroad Agreements" with a small number of universities in the overseas region. This means that although you have to pay tuition fees (Study Abroad Fees), as a h_da student you will receive a discount of 10%. Find out more about the possibility of counter-financing tuition fees with Auslands-BAföG.
The h_da has such an agreement with the following universities:

For Vancouver Island University and National University the International Student Office Darmstadt offers regular infosessions.

  • You are enrolled at the Hochschule Darmstadt
  • You are at least in the 3rd semester (Bachelor) or 1st semester (Master)
  • grade average of at least 2,7
  • Sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction (at least CEFR B2)
  • You register with your stay on MoveON
  • apply on time
  • Australia: 01.03. for the winter semester/ 01.10. for the summer semester
  • Canada: 31.03.for the coming academic year (exceptions may be possible)
  • USA: one study start is possible every month. Application 4-6 months before the start of the study program.
  1. Please inform yourself on the internet and during our office hours about the possibilities of studying abroad and the costs involved.
  2. You register via MoveON and send the form by e-mail to
  3. You will receive all necessary information on the application process by e-mail. If you are interested in Vancouver Island University or the National University, we will forward your application to the International Student Office Darmstadt.
  4. You properly prepare the application documents for the host university and submit them on time.
  5. You will receive an acceptance letter from the host university, which may also be required for the visa application.
  6. After your return, you are required to submit an experience report to us within 4 weeks.


Inform yourself comprehensively about costs and financing possibilities. For visa for Australia and the USA, for example, financial proof is required.
If necessary, you can finance tuition fees with Auslands-BAföG. The office will reimburse up to 4600 EUR upon approval. Even if you do not receive domestic BAföG, you can still apply for international BAföG. The fees do not have to be refunded.
Outgoings are strongly advised to register on the website of the Federal Foreign Office ("Elektronische Erfassung von Deutschen im Ausland (ELEFAND)") for all trips, and especially for trips to regions with a critical security situation.


Ina Schnakenberg
Overseas stays abroad

Schöfferstraße 12
Office: C23, 2.07

Campus Dieburg
Erasmus+ and overseas
Miriam Eckers

Building F01, Room 110
Max-Planck-Straße 2
64807 Dieburg

Office hours

Please find our office hours on our homepage.


Information on financing options can be found here.

Partner Universities

You can inform yourself on partner universities in our database.


Register your stay aborad via MoveON.

Learning Agreement

Conclude a Learning Agreement with your department before your stay abroad. In this way, you ensure that academic achievements will get recognized at h_da.


Submit an experience report to us after your stay abroad.

Facebook Housing-Group

If you are planning to sublet your room or apartment for the duration of your absence and/or are already looking for a room in your destination country from afar, it is worth taking a look at our Facebook group h_da housing exchange.