Information on the guest house
International meeting center of h_da
The Guesthouse of Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences serves as an international meeting place for guests from abroad and of the president’s board.
Rooms will be mainly allocated to international guests of the university. Hosts and/or guests must send their application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For international guests, the International Office offers its welcome service and support during their stay. According to availability, applications from other universities or research centers in Darmstadt may be considered, too.
The function/seminar room of the guesthouse serves as an international meeting place with a variety of cultural offerings and can be used for board meetings and conferences of the university.
Apartment types and amenities
- The International Guesthouse offers three fully furnished two-room apartments and six studio apartments as well as a common area. The spacious apartments and the modern furniture contribute to a high living comfort and are suitable for longer stays.
- All apartments are fully furnished and have a private bathroom. The furniture includes a bed, a working space, a wardrobe, and an armchair. Each room has an internet connection as well as a personal (physical) mailbox. Linen and towels are provided. Rent for the apartments
- The common area and the shared kitchen are located on ground level. An additional room is used for events only. All public areas will be cleaned on a regular basis. The tenants are responsible for the cleaning of their private rooms.
- The shared kitchen is fully equipped and will be cleaned twice a week. Nevertheless we ask our guests for cooperation. In the basement washing machines and a dryer are available free of charge.
- We ask our guests not to smoke in the house.
Reserve an apartment
Requests to reserve the flats for international guests can be made by all members of the university. Visitors to Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences can also register directly. Rooms are allocated according to availability and registration date. Depending on availability, requests from members of other Darmstadt universities and research institutions may also be considered.
Information on booking
Location and arrival
The International Guesthouse, Fichtestraße 33, is located in one of the nicest areas of Darmstadt. It is only a few minutes away from „Orangerie-Park“ and the forest around Darmstadt. The house is surrounded by a lovely garden, where the guests can spend their time. Nevertheless, public transport brings you in a couple of minutes to downtown Darmstadt and the main campus is reached within twenty minutes.
As well, the connections to the departments on campus Mathildenhöhe and Mediencampus Dieburg are very convenient. If you arrive by car, you can park in front of the building.
Arrival at Frankfurt Airport
Arrival at Darmstadt Central Train Station
Once you leave the Central Train Station the stop for public transportation is right in front of you. You can take tram No. 2 or No. 5 or several buses the city center. At the stop "Luisenplatz" (center and public square) you have to change to tram No.9 direction "Böllenfalltor" (except if you are in tram No. 2). Once you are in train No. 2 or 9 please get off six stops after Luisenplatz, at the stop "Merck-Stadion". You will see a small street on the right called “Steinbergweg”. Follow the street for about 300 meters. On the third intersection turn left into “Fichtestraße”. You can already see the entrance of the house at the end of the street. An individual public transport shedule is available at http://www.rmv.de/en/.
By car (coming from highway A5)
At the interchange Darmstadt (exit 26) change to A672 towards “Darmstadt/center/Griesheim” and follow the road towards Darmstadt. You are automatically directed on to “Rheinstraße”. Please follow the signs “Aschaffenburg/Darmstadt/B26” (approx. 3 km). Turn right into Neckarstraße(B26/B3), following signs to „Heidelberg/Aschaffenburg/Höchst i. Odw/DA-Eberstadt”.
After about 750 m turn left into “Heinrichstraße/K141” and follow the road for about 1.2 km. Then turn right and drive on “Nieder-Ramstädter-Straße” for another 1.2 km.
When you see the football stadium on your left side, turn right after the tram station “Merck-Stadion” into a small street called “Steinbergweg“. Follow Steinbergweg for 300 m and on the third intersection turn left into “Fichtestraße”.
You can already see the entrance of the house at the end of the street.
Rent and guesthouse facilities
The rent is based on the length of your stay. A detailed overview can be downloaded here.
Internet is included in the rent.