University Grant for Short Stays Abroad
The „Hochschulzuschuss“, a grant from Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, supports short stays abroad (summer and winter schools as well as language courses) of h_da students. The grants are awarded by the Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences through a quality-oriented application process. Please note that you must apply separately for the respective grant programs.
- Summer/winter school: participation in 2-4 week programs at partner/non-partner universities/external organizations. The programm must either have an academic focous with accompanying social-cultural program or focus on acquisition of intercultural competencies/country studies.
- Language courses: Participation in 2-4-week language courses of at least 25 hours per week.
- Travel allowance of 200 EUR (Europe) or 400 EUR (overseas)
- Reimbursement of half of the course/participation fees up to max. 600 EUR
All countries worldwide.
At least 4 weeks before the start of the program.
- Register your planned stay on MoveON (form "Short stay"). Send the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise you won't be able to complete step 2.
- Subsequently, apply with the form "University Grant for Internships and Short Stays" and submit the following documents online as well:
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Current enrollment certificate
- Grade table (printout from departmental grading system)
- Confirmation from the provider with exact details on duration, scope, content and participation fees.
- Inform us via email@example.com that you completed the application.
Only completed and duly submitted applications will be considered.
Only stays that do not follow or precede a stay abroad previously completed in the same country can be funded
Participants in the DAAD GoEast and Fulbright programs are excluded from funding. However, there is the possibility to apply for a scholarship via the respective programs.
Outgoings are strongly advised to register on the website of the Federal Foreign Office ("Elektronische Erfassung von Deutschen im Ausland (ELEFAND)") for all travels, and especially for travels to regions with a critical security situation.
If there is a travel warning issued by the Federal Foreign Office for the country or region in question, the university cannot issue a scholarship agreement/scholarship commitment.
Update (08/21/2023): Funding for the grant is only secured until the end of 2023 for the time being.