There are various internship programmes and placement agencies for the overseas region.
In addition, some partner universities have so-called "Internship/Lab Exchange" programmes. You can apply for these via the h_da International Office. A registration on MoveON and nomination by the department is required. Programmes are available at the following partner universities:
- Taiwan, National Ching Hsing University (NCHU): Lab Exchange
- India, Amrita University: Live-in-Labs internship (LILA)
- Indonesia, Institute Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS): lab-based, industrial-based, society-based internships
- Malaysia, UTM: UTM Research Internship
- South Korea, Kyungpook National University: KNU Global Internship Program
In most cases, a fee is charged for admission to the programmes.
If you are interested in writing a thesis at a partner university, you need to show initiative. You can proceed as stated below:
- Search our database to find out which partner universities and departments/colleges are of interest to you. Please also consult the department.
- Write an exposé in English (1-2 pages) in which you
- Name the department/college of the partner university where you would like to write the thesis
- Describe your research project in detail and provide information on the timing and content of the project,
- Explain your motivation and express your expectations.
- Ideally, you can also name a person from the partner university who, in your opinion, is particularly well suited to supervise the work from a professional perspective.
- You should also send a CV and pay attention to country-specific characteristics.
Register via moveonline before your stay abroad.
Information on financing options can be found here.
Conclude a Learning Agreement with your department before your stay abroad. In this way, you ensure that academic achievements will get recognized at h_da.
Submit an experience report to us after your stay abroad.