There are various internship programmes and placement agencies for the overseas region.

In addition, some partner universities have so-called "Internship/Lab Exchange" programmes. You can apply for these via the h_da International Office. A registration on MoveON and nomination by the department is required. Programmes are available at the following partner universities:

In most cases, a fee is charged for admission to the programmes.


If you are interested in writing a thesis at a partner university, you need to show initiative. You can proceed as stated below:

  1. Search our database to find out which partner universities and departments/colleges are of interest to you. Please also consult the department.
  2. Write an exposé in English (1-2 pages) in which you
    1. Name the department/college of the partner university where you would like to write the thesis
    2. Describe your research project in detail and provide information on the timing and content of the project,
    3. Explain your motivation and express your expectations.
    4. Ideally, you can also name a person from the partner university who, in your opinion, is particularly well suited to supervise the work from a professional perspective.
    5. You should also send a CV and pay attention to country-specific characteristics.


Ina Schnakenberg (she/her)
Office: C23, 2.07

Campus Dieburg
Erasmus+ and overseas
Miriam Eckers

Office: F01, 110

Office hours

Please find our office hours on our homepage.

Online-Registration/ Application

Apply for your stay abroad via our  MoveON-Portal.



Information on financing options can be found here.

Learning Agreement

Conclude a Learning Agreement with your department before your stay abroad. In this way, you ensure that academic achievements will get recognized at h_da.

Experience report

Submit an experience report to us after your stay abroad.

Online language courses

The h_da Language Centre offers free self-study language courses in 24 languages (incl. German) via Rosetta Stone. Detailed info is available at their website (in German).