Discover Europe, improve languages, experience culture and make new friends with Erasmus+!
The Erasmus+ programme of the European Union serves, among other things, to promote student mobility and European cooperation. It offers students the opportunity to study in another European country and thereby expand their social and cultural skills. In addition, you get an insight into the academic system of a foreign university and its teaching and learning methods.
The Erasmus Programme Countries are:
- the 27 Member States of the European Union
- and the following countries outside the EU: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom (due to Brexit only until the end of March 2023 - please note the new visa and entry requirements.
Switzerland does not participate in the Erasmus+ programme, but offers its own funding programme for study visits in form of the Swiss European Mobility Programme.
And here you can find our partner universities worldwide.
Studying at our partner universities offers many advantages and opportunities for participants.
The Erasmus+ programme also offers:
- Financial support through the Erasmus+ mobility grant with special grants for students with children and students with disabilities
- The possibility of multiple stays abroad within the available Erasmus+ contingent and Erasmus+ funding
- The Erasmus+ programme offers you participation for a total of 12 months per study cycle (Bachelor and Master) or 24 months for diploma programmes. Within this period of time you can complete as many study and work placements as you like.
General participation requirements and funding conditions
- You are enrolled in a degree programme at h_da leading to a university degree (regardless of your nationality). Students studying at the h_da as part of an exchange programme (incoming exchange students) are exclude from participation in the Erasmus+ programme.
- Bachelor and diploma students: First year of study must be already complete. Your semester abroad is at least your third semester.
- You have sufficient language skills to attend the courses and successfully pass the examinations of the university abroad. Your language skills must meet the application requirements at the h_da and at the partner university.
- The semester abroad accompanies or supplements your studies.
- Minimum length of stay: 3 months
- Your Erasmus+ contingent (months you can stay abroad within Erasmus+) must not yet be exhausted. So, you have not yet reached the maximum funding period of 12 months (24 months for diploma) in the current study cycle.
- If you receive grants from Erasmus+ funds, you cannot receive additional funding from other EU or DAAD programmes (e.g. PROMOS). If you receive other grants, your Erasmus+ eligibility must be checked in advance.
- Participation is subject to the submission of the complete application and follow-up documents that are part of the Erasmus+ programme.
National Agency DAAD
Detailed information and support regarding the Erasmus+ mobility actions are provided by the
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
National Agency for EU university cooperation
Please find our office hours on our homepage.
Apply for your stay abroad via our MoveON-Portal.