Erasmus Blended Intensive Programmes
Blended Intensive Programs (BIPs) are courses that you take together with students from at least two or more Erasmus partner universities. They consist of a virtual and a face-to-face teaching phase of approximately one week (depending on the program). You will receive at least 3 ECTS credits for successful participation.
Due to the short period, you can participate in a BIP even if a longer stay abroad is not possible or difficult for you to realize, e.g. for financial or health reasons. In addition, a BIP may give you a taste of being abroad for the first time and explore whether you can imagine a longer exchange.
General participation requirements and funding conditions
- You are enrolled in a degree programme at h_da leading to a university degree (regardless of your nationality). If you would like to participate in a BIP as a current exchange student, please contact us.
- You have sufficient language skills to attend the courses and successfully pass the examinations of the university abroad. Your language skills must meet the application requirements at the h_da and at the partner university.
- The semester abroad accompanies or supplements your studies.
- Your Erasmus+ contingent (months you can stay abroad within Erasmus+) must not yet be exhausted. So, you have not yet reached the maximum funding period of 12 months (24 months for diploma) in the current study cycle.
- If you receive grants from Erasmus+ funds, you cannot receive additional funding from other EU or DAAD programmes (e.g. PROMOS). If you receive other grants, your Erasmus+ eligibility must be checked in advance.
- Participation is subject to the submission of the complete application and follow-up documents that are part of the Erasmus+ programme.
Studying at our partner universities offers many advantages and opportunities for participants.
The Erasmus+ programme also offers:
National Agency DAAD
Detailed information and support regarding the Erasmus+ mobility actions are provided by the
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
National Agency for EU university cooperation
What have other students experienced during their stays abroad? Read their inspiring reports!
Apply for your stay abroad via our MoveON-Portal.
The h_da Language Centre offers free self-study language courses in 24 languages (incl. German) via Rosetta Stone. Detailed info is available at their website (in German).