Exchange Partner Universities

Study abroad - This is how it works!

On 'Play' external media is loaded and the privacy policy of YouTube applies

If you go to one of our partner universities, you will have the following advantages:

  • Study abroad for up to 2 semesters 
  • Exemption from tuition fees (does not apply to "Study Abroad Partners")
  • Support for academic and organizational preparation
  • Academic recognition of academic achievements abroad after consultation with the department
  • Application for financial support possible

Application Requirements:

  • You are enrolled at h_da
  • You are at least in the 3rd semester (Bachelor) or 1st semester (Master)
  • Participation in an information event and/or consultation at the International Office perceived
  • Sufficient language skills in the language of instruction
  • Nomination by the responsible international coordinator of the department
  • Compliance with our internal application deadlines

Internal application deadlines for overseas partner universities

For excahnge partner universities overseas (except USA):

  • 31.01. for stays abroad in the following academic year (fall/spring term)
  • 15.07. late deadline for stays abroad in spring terms

Stays abroad in the USA: 


Attention: For the application for exchange programs with the USA, a DAAD language certificate on B2 level is already required for the internal application deadline (partner universities and “Hessische Landesprogramme”). You can take the language certificate free of charge at the h_da Language Center. For the “Hessische Landesprogramme”, a TOEFL or IELTS certificate must be submitted by the end of January if the application is successful. The costs are about 220 EUR.

Notes for all partner universities: You can also inquire about remaining places after the respective deadlines. However, after the deadline it is possible that there are no places left and/or the application deadlines at the partner universities have already expired.

Application procedure and formalities

  1. You inform yourself on the internet and during office hours about the possibilities of studying abroad and coordinate your choice with the international coordinator of your department.
  2. You register on MoveON, fill out the overseas form, print the form and have it signed by the study abroad officer (nomination). You email the signed form to
  3. After the internal application deadline for the respective semester, you will receive all necessary information for the application process at the partner university from the International Office within 4-6 weeks and apply there on time. If there are limited places for a partner university and you should not get a place, you will be informed and can change your mind.
  4. Before starting your studies at the partner university, send the h_da International Office the Acceptance Letter of the partner university.
  5. After the end of your studies, you submit an experience report by email within 8 weeks.

Application documents for the h_da

  • Online application form incl. nomination by the international coordinator
  • for the USA: DAAD language certificate (at least B2 level)

Application documents for the partner university

  • As soon as you have an internal place confirmation, you will receive all the necessary information for the separate application at the partner university by email from the International Office.